The MVOC welcomes in-kind donations of all sorts and we greatly appreciate your thoughtful consideration of supporting area veterans in this way.
However, we have very limited storage capacity and our needs change constantly. Please call before collecting and dropping off items. This will help make your efforts more efficient and your donations most effective.
Here are a few ‘Rules of Thumb’:
- Please call first – DO NOT just drop items off
- Please make sure all items are serviceable and in GOOD working order
- We generally do not pick up items.
- All clothing must be wearable; laundered, no holes or in need of repairs, no stains, with zippers and buttons functional.
- Footwear must be clean and serviceable
- Personal items such as toiletries and undergarments must be new and unused.
- Food items must be packaged and within expiration dates. Fresh food is accepted if it is prepared the same day but please call first to confirm the need.
- We DO NOT accept electronics of any sort.
Women’s House (questions, call 978-514-3396):
- Plates (white, no design) – DONATED
- Bowls, cereal or salad (white)
- Mugs (white)
- Platter (white)
- Mixing bowls
- Dish Towels
- Silverware – DONATED
- Serving utensils – (Spoons donated)
- Butter Dish
- Salt / Pepper Shakers
- Creamer / Sugar bowl
- Cooking utensils (spoons, spatula, ladle, whisk, measuring spoons, etc)
- Cutlery (prep knives, dinner knives)
- Cheese Grater
- Electric Mixer
- Blender- DONATED
- Glass storage containers with lids (Pyrex or Rubbermaid)
- Cutting board(s)
- Pots, Pans, larger Roasting Pan
- Baking pans, Cookie sheets, Pizza pans, cooling racks
- Strainer / Colander
- Toaster / Toaster oven
- Coffee Maker – DONATED
- Paper Towel Holder
- Kitchen Clock
- Other DONATED Items: Hand can opener, Vegetable peeler, Cheese grater
- Utility Tractor (with bucket loader & trailer)
- Garden Shed
- Garden Tools
- Garden cart / Small wheel barrow
- Canned goods and other non-perishables
- Fresh vegetables (in season)
- Gift cards, Walmart or local grocery stores ($10 to $50)