The MVOC welcomes in-kind donations of all sorts and we greatly appreciate your thoughtful consideration of supporting area veterans in this way.
However, we have very limited storage capacity and our needs change constantly. Please call before collecting and dropping off items. This will help make your efforts more efficient and your donations most effective.
Here are a few ‘Rules of Thumb’:
- Please call first – DO NOT just drop items off
- Please make sure all items are serviceable and in GOOD working order
- We generally do not pick up items.
- All clothing must be wearable; laundered, no holes or in need of repairs, no stains, with zippers and buttons functional.
- Footwear must be clean and serviceable
- Personal items such as toiletries and undergarments must be new and unused.
- Food items must be packaged and within expiration dates. Fresh food is accepted if it is prepared the same day but please call first to confirm the need.
- We DO NOT accept electronics of any sort.
Cathy’s House (questions, call 978-514-3396):
- We are receiving an abundance of donated items for Cathy’s House. Please call before donating items. There is a VERY good chance that your items will not be utilized at Cathy’s House specifically but can be offered to the general veterans population.
- Utility Tractor (with bucket loader & trailer)
- Garden Shed
- Garden Tools
- Garden cart / Small wheel barrow
- Canned goods and other non-perishables
- Fresh vegetables (in season)
- Gift cards, Walmart or local grocery stores ($10 to $50)