The MVOC Wellness Programs provide mental and emotional care that helps veterans develop support systems and coping mechanisms, as well as aids for the reintegration process back into their personal livelihoods, families, and communities. Mental health and wellness significantly contributes to the MVOC’s successful efforts of reducing homelessness and reintroducing stability into a veteran’s life. Programming is provided to ALL veterans at no cost.
Counseling is offered by appointment or on a walk-in basis Monday thru Friday, and for personal crisis intervention after hours based on availability. Call 978-632-9601 for further information or to set up an appointment.
If you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency, please call the Veterans Crisis Hotline at 800-273-8255, Press 1, or dial 911 for emergency medical services.
- Veterans Coffee Hour: Join our Clinical Director, Army veteran Dr. David Duren, on the first Wednesday of the month from 9:30-10:30am.
- Start your day with MVOC! Stop by for guidance through daily and/or weekly goal setting, with questions, or just to check-in and say hi. This is a great opportunity to connect with us informally in a low-stakes environment.
- Mindful Movement: Join Stephanie Lizotte of Simply Ground Yoga & Pilates on the first 3 Mondays of each month from 10:00-11:00am.
- This is an introductory level yoga class designed to help veterans set intentions, develop self acceptance, and listen to their body. Classes are free and hosted at MVOC’s training facility (248 Central Street, Gardner). There is no class on Mondays that fall on a holiday closure.
- Recovery Group: Every Tuesday from 4:00-5:00pm with MVOC Case Manager Stephen
- Join this self-help meeting, which combines practices from many different types of groups into one safe peer-supported space with topics driven by the participants.
- Healthy Eating for the Non-Chef: Meets the third Tuesday of each month from 5:00-7:00pm with MVOC Benefits Coordinator Heidi
- Call us at 978-632-9601 to reserve your spot for one month or multiple months. Space is limited and registration is required.
Also, don’t forget to check our events calendar to see what other wellness and enrichment programs we may be running!