Currently, MVOC offers internal programs and has established collaborations with excellent external organizations to provide meaningful therapeutic programs and activities for veterans. The intent is to allow for diverse opportunities that may meet a variety of interests as such to engage veterans in experiences that provide an outlet for therapeutic healing and also foster personal growth, self-confidence, and social interaction.
- To find AA and NA meetings near you, check here.
- For information on Heywood Hospital’s classes, programs, and support groups, check here.
- Learn about the Leominster Veteran’s Center’s Project Healing Waters meetings here.
- Learn about the North Quabbin Trails Association’s hiking trips here.
- Learn about the Transition House, Inc.’s (Leominster, MA) support programs here.
MVOC offers the following mental health and wellness opportunities:
Counseling is offered by appointment or on a walk-in basis Monday thru Friday, and for personal crisis intervention after hours based on availability. Call 978-632-9601 for further information or to set up an appointment.
If you or a loved one is experiencing an emergency, please call the Veterans Crisis Hotline at 800-273-8255, Press 1, or dial 911 for emergency medical services.
Day Sessions (all hosted at 268 Central Street, Gardner MA):
- Morning Wake-Up Group: Every Wednesday & Thursday 9:30am-10:00am with MVOC Counselor Yvonne
- Start your day with MVOC! Stop by for guidance through daily and/or weekly goal setting, with questions, or just to check-in and say hi. Feel free to bring your breakfast with you.
Evening Sessions (all hosted at 268 Central Street, Gardner MA):
- Mindfulness for Beginners: The first Tuesday of each month, 11:00am-12:00pm with MVOC Counselor Sal
- Join us in a one-hour session to practice mindfulness activities and learn the art of being present and aware.
- Recovery Group: Every Tuesday from 4:00-5:00pm with MVOC Case Manager Stephen
- Join this self-help meeting, which combines practices from many different types of groups into one safe peer-supported space with topics driven by the participants.
- Mental Health Monthly: The first Thursday of each month from 4:00-5:00pm with MVOC Staff (rotating)
- Join MVOC staff in this once monthly series covering a variety of mental health issues.